Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd., at the forefront of the dynamic and growing Indian Entertainment industry, is an established integrated media content house in India with activities across content acquisition, value addition to content and content distribution. Together with film-based copyrights and other entertainment rights the brand "Shemaroo" is synonymous with quality entertainment.
The content acquired or produced by us, consisting of complete ownership rights and limited ownership rights are known as our "Content Library”. Our Content Library consists of more than 1000 titles spanning new Hindi films like Ishqiya, Slumdog Millionaire, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Omkara, Dil toh Baccha hai, Chandni Chowk to China, Bheja Fry 2, etc.; Hindi films classics like Mughal-e-Azam, Shree 420, Mera Naam Joker, Amar Akbar Anthony, Namak Halaal, Kaalia, Madhumati etc.; titles in various other regional languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali etc., and a variety of non-film content, as well.
We distribute our Content Library through various mediums such as
- Television via Satellite, Terrestrial and Cable Television;
- New media platforms consisting of mobile, internet, direct to home ("DTH") and other applications
- Home Entertainment
- Other media
Our recent initiatives include tying up as an official channel partner for Google Inc.'s You Tube where we are managing 32 channels. Moving beyond providing just content, we are providing content management solutions to partners such as
- Airtel digital television in connection with an interactive devotional service, namely "iDarshan"
- British Telecom’s (UK) IPTV service BT Vision for their South-Asian content pack and
- Tata DOCOMO’s video platform for 3G services.